HOW TO CARE FOR OUR CHEESE
- Always bring the cheese to room temperature before serving.
- When selecting cheese for a cheese board it is usual to go for cheese of
different milk types from cows, sheep or goat.
- Cheese should be served before the pudding as it does not taste as well after
the sweetness of a desert.
- Cheese keeps better as a whole cheese, so it is better to purchase a larger piece.
- Some cheese prefer to be kept cool and others warmer,
but most are quite happy between 8°C (45°F) and 15°C (60°F).
- The waxed paper we wrap the cheese in keeps the cheese in good condition
and allows it to breath to avoid the build up of excess moisture.
- Store the cheese in a cool pantry, cellar or in the refrigerator
preferably in the lower drawer.
- Do not store cheese with other strong-smelling foods.
- As a cheese breathes it will absorb other aromas and may spoil.
- The way a cheese is cut depends largely on its shape and size.
- The most important thing to keep in mind when cutting a cheese is to divide cheese so that everybody has an equal share of the inside and outside.
HOW TO CUT OUR CHEESE
Have you ever wondered what the best way to cut cheese is? Below you can find the easiest and most effective ways to cut our cheese to ensure everyone gets an equal slice.